Advantages of Using a Local Professional Pet Sitter or Dog Walker
- Pets have less stress and are more comfortable staying in their own familiar environment
- The health of your pet is not compromised by being exposed to other pets
- Your pet receives individual love and attention
- Your pet’s personal routine can be maintained as much as possible
- You can have peace of mind that your pets and home are being cared for by a professional, reliable business
- You don’t have to rely on family, friends or neighbors for care; you are hiring a professional pet sitting business to care for your pets
- No need for transporting your pet to a boarding facility; your pet will be happy and waiting for you when you arrive home.
- All PPSMN members’ businesses are locally owned and individually operated
Preparing Your Pets and Home for a Pet Sitter or Dog Walker
- Make sure the supplies are all in one place and that your sitter knows where these items are. This will include food, treats, utensils, leash, bowls, medication, cleaning supplies, paper towels, litter and scoop, garbage bags.
- Make sure that you have enough food, litter and medication for the entire time you are away and then some in case your return home is delayed.
- Let your pet sitter know of any unusual behavior that occurs when you are away, destructive chewing, anxiety issues, change in eating habits, hiding places, etc.
- Remove any food or medication items from counters or areas that are reachable by your pet. Sometimes a bored pet can get in trouble with these items.
- Make sure the house is at a comfortable temperature and that the sitter is aware of the temperature range acceptable. Weather can change quickly in Minnesota and you don’t want your pet to overheat or your pipes to freeze.
- Always make sure that your sitter has your most updated information on file. Are your emergency contacts in town?